C.R.I.-13/1(Core Comm): Corr.No.1
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX
(HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT)
ICADR Building, Plot No. 6, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase-II,
New Delhi — 110070
F. No. HRD/CM/102/3/2009-10/(Pt)/963
Dated 19th June, 2013
Sub:- Implementation of the Cadre Restructuring of Income Tax Department : Constitution of the Core Committee
1. Restructuring proposal of the Income-tax Department has been approved by Government on 23.05.2013 for the creation of a total 20,751 additional posts, and various measures to increase the effectiveness of the Department.
2. required to be taken to implement the Cadre Restructuring have been considered by the Board and it has been decided that its roll-out needs to be carried out in a planned and time-bound manner. It has therefore been decided to constitute a Core Committee as in Para 6 to facilitate the implementation of the Cadre Restructuring.
3. The Board has also decided to Constitute various other Sub-committees, consisting of representatives from CCAs, field formations and other stakeholders that would undertake the task of analyzing the issues and data, preparing roadmaps as well as assisting in the implementation of the various components of the Cadre Restructuring. The tasks for the Sub-committees would include ensuring modalities for earliest implementation for items such as promotion/ at various levels, conducting DPCs/up-gradations, considering operational/functional/jurisdiction issues for allocation of posts in different regions, restructuring/establishment of Directorates, required amendments in RRs and the creation of necessary infrastructure required for the posts.
4. The Core Committee would be responsible for the overall implementation of the Department's restructuring. It would process the constitution/approval of the Sub-committees, co-ordinate efforts of all the Sub-committees, keep the CBDT abreast of all the developments; seek necessary /approvals, wherever required, and assist the Sub-committees in their functions including seeking intervention wherever required to ensure that the work of the Sub-committees remains on .
5. It would also be directly responsible for facilitating/ ensuring the DPC for grant of Apex grade to CCsIT, submission of analyses and reports to the CBDT; making recommendations on with regard to promotions/upgradations and inductions at various levels in consultation with the Sub-committees as may be required.
6. The Core Committee as detailed below, is accordingly constituted with the approval of Competent Authority:-
Sh. T. Jena
Smt. Archana Ranj an
Sh. Krishna Saini
Sh. Binay K Jha
Smt. Pragya Saxena
Sh. Amitabh Kumar
Sh. Manoj Joshi
Sh. R R Singh
Sh Debjyoti Das
Smt. Swati Joshi
7. The Chairman of the Committee may
i.Co-opt more Members, if required, for specialist inputs or to make the consultations broad based and inclusive.
ii.Constitute further sub-committees, if required, for examining various issues, for providing material that may assist the Core Committee in its work
8. The Headquarters of the Committee shall be at New Delhi in the HRD, which shall function as its Secretariat and shall provide:
i. All necessary coordination and secretarial support, and assistance to the Core Committee, and Sub-committees for their functioning
ii. Arrange for, collect, obtain and provide feedback, data, information analysis and any other specialist or specific inputs that may be material to and necessary for carrying out its functions.
9. The Committee shall carry out weekly review of the progress of its work and shall periodically brief the CBDT on the status thereof.
( Sanjay Gosain)
Deputy Director of Income tax (HRD)