1. Who authored the book ‘The Science of Bharat Natyam’?
(a) Saroja Vaidyanathan (b) Yamini Krishnamurthi ( c) J. Sushila (d) None of these
2.International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed on:
(a) 9th August (b) 13th October (c) 24th November (d) 11th December
3. Tianhe 1A, the world’s fastest supercomputer is made by
(a) United States (b)
Japan (c) China (d) None of these
Answer : c
4. Which is
’s first ever Pollution Control Warship? India
(a) Samudra Prahari (b) Nischaya (c) Varuna (d) None of these
5. Who became
’s youngest grandmaster? India
(a) Parimarjan Negi (b) Dronavali Harika (c) Praveen Thipse (d) S P Sethuraman
6. K C Kulich International Award is associated with:
(a) Medicine (b) Economics (c) Journalism (d) Sports
7. ‘Open’ is the autobiography of which sports personality?
(a) Adam Gilchrest b) Glenn Merges (c) Andre Agassiz (d) None of these
8. World Cup Football in 2022 is to be held at:
Qatar (b) UK (c) Spain (d) France Answer: a
9. Who is the first head of UN WOMEN?
(a) Laura Chinchilla (b) Julia Gillard (c) Mitchell blachettt (d) None of these
10.Which of the following committee is related to Corporatisation of Stock Exchanges?
(a) Bimal Jalan Committee (b) V Achuthan Committee (c) P M Nair Committee (d) None of these
11. Which is
’s newest stock exchange for currency derivatives? India
(a) BSE (b) NSE (c) United Stock Exchange (USE) (d) None of these
Answer : c
12. Jeevan Reddy Committee is related to
(a)Illegal mining (b) Armed Forces Special Power Act (c) Environmental Impact Assessment (d) None of these
13. Which of the following scheme is related with social security for unorganised sector?
(a) Swabhiman (b) Sabla (c) Swavalamban (d) None of these
14. Polavaram Project is located in which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b)
Maharashtra (c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Karnataka
15. David Perlman Award is given in which field?
(a) Sports (b) Music (c) Photography (d) Journalism
16.Which of the following committee has redefined the definition of Slums?
(a) Pranab Sen Committee(b) Arjun Sen gupta committee (c) C Ibrahim Committee (d) None of these
17. Arrow-III is an anti missile system of
France (b) Pakistan (c) Israel (d) UK
’s first jail BPO is going to came up at: India
Bangalore (b) Pune (c) Chennai (d) Hyderabad
19.World’s first aviation university coming up at:
Bangalore (b) Nice (c) Glasgow (d) Venice
20. Khoj lab has been launched by which group?
(a) Future Group (b) dell (c) IBM d) Times group
21. Which of the following became the first smoke
Free State in ? India
Sikkim (b) Himachal Pradesh (c) Uttarakhand (d) None of these
22. First lady speaker of loksabhais
a) Menaka Gandhi b) Meera kumar c) Kalpana d) None
22. Which of the following became the Ist Asian Country to sign Free Trade Agreement with European Union?
South Korea (b) China (c) India (d) None of these
23. The Emissary’ is the book authored by:
(a) Tarun Tejpal b) Vinod Mehta (c) Aniruddh Bahl (d) None of these
24. Who is the new PM of
(a) Mark Ruttea (b) Bill Carey (c) Thakshin Sinawatra (d) None of these Ans-a
25. Who is the new PM of Kosovo?
(a) Hashim Taci (b) N K Name Krumoh (c) Jose Borosso d) None of these
26. Who is the chairman of National Democratic Front of Bodoland?
(a) Paresh Barna (b) Aravind Rajakhowa (c) Ranjan Daimary (d) None of these
27. With which of the following countries
has not signed civil nuclear agreement? India
Namibia (b) Sweden c) Mongolia (d) Argentina
28. Who is the PM of
(a) Fredrick Rainfeldt (b) Silvio Berlusconi (c) Garry Wanders (d) None of these
in November 2010 was held at : Summit
Yokohama (b) Sydney (c) Singapore (d) Busan
30. Which public sector bank was the banking partner in Commonwealth Games 2010?
(a) Central Bank of India (b) State Bank of
India (c) Bank of Baroda (d) None of these
31. Who is the new vice chief of army staff?
(a) V.K. Singh (b) A.S. Lamba (c) C. Shekhawat (d) None of these
Answer : b
32. Who has become the vice president of ICC?
(a) Ehsaan Mani (b) John Mulford (c) Alan Isaac (d) Molcom Speed
33. Who is the Director General of National Investigation Agency ?
(a) R.V. Raju (b) Ved Marwah (c) K.F. Rustomji (d) Sharad Chandra Sinha
34. Who is the Director of National Security Guard?
(a) R.K. Medhekar (b) J.K Dutt (c) B.K. Banerjee (d) None of these Answer: a
35. Who of the following Indian got the
Day achievement medal 2010? Australia
(a) V.P. Unnikrishnan (b) Sandeep Pandey (c) Vandana Shiva (d) None of these
36. Which of the following country became the 187th member of IMF?
Marshall Islands (b) Tuvalu (c) Fiji (d) None of these
37. India’s second National Institute of Design will come up at which of the following
(a) Amethi (b) Jorahat (c) Aizowl (d) Itanagar
is a port of: Benghazi
Libya (b) Yemen (c) Egypt (d) None of these
39. Jakhol Sankri Hydro Electric Project has been commissioned at
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Himachal Pradesh (c) J&K (d) Arunachal Pradesh
40. ‘Home Boy’ is a novel written by
(a) H M Naqvi (b) H S Narula (c) Anand Sarkar d) Stephen Lipsett
41. Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in 2011 was held at:
(a) Jaipur (b) New Delhi (c)
Ujjain (d) Varanasi
Answer : b
42. 98th Indian Science Congress in January 2011 was held at:
(a) Chennai (b) Kharagpur (c) Kanpur (d)
Ans - a
43. Who of the following is the present Lokayukta of Karnataka:
(a) N Vittal (b) Santosh Hegde (c) Yashwant Sonawane(d) None of these
Georgia’s capital is to be shifted from to: Tbilisi
(a) Akhan (b) Yeren (c) Kutaisi (d) Chisinau
45. Which country topped the Terrorism Risk Index in 2010:
Somalia b) Samoa (c) Jamaica (d) Iraq
46. Which district is going to be named after Indira Gandhi? Ans: a
(a) Medak (b) Rai Bareli (c) Chikmaglur (d)
47. Who received the
Medal of Honour in 2010? Elis Island
(a) Dalai Lama (b) Zinedine Zidene
(c) Rao Anumlu (d) B K Varghese
48. Enam Securities is to be purchased by:
(a) Union Bank of
India (b) BNP Paribas
(c) ANZ Grindlays (d) Axis Bank
49. Which famous personality bagged the Man of Peace Award in 2010?
(a) Roberto Baggio (b) Diegs Maradona
(c) Pope John Paul II (d) None of these
50. Who is the new National Security Advisor of
? United States
W Singham (b) Thomas Donilon
(a) Colin Powell (b) Larry Page
51. Who is the new president of UN General Assembly?
(a) Joseph Deiss (b) Hans Rasmus Sen
(c) Leon Panetta (d) None of these Ans-a
52. Luka and Fire of Life is the latest book by:
(a) Arun Som (b) Salman Rushdie
(c) Vikram Seth (d) None of these
53. What is the name of
’s latest and Seventh Super Computer? India
Annapurna (b) Param
(c) Pinak (d) None of these
54. Tembli became the first village in
to get UID. In which state it is located? India
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Chattisgarh
Maharashtra (d) None of these
55.Who has been declared the ‘Business Leader of the year’ in Economic Times Corporate Excellence Awards 2010?
(a) Aditya Puri (b)
(c) Azim Premji (d) Mukesh Ambani
56. What is the mascot of 2011 cricket world cup?
(a) Hoho (b) Cobe
(c) Stumpy (d) None of these
57. SAF (South Asian Federation) games in 2012 will be held at
(a) Kathmandu (b)
Bangalore (d) None of these
58. Agni III was launched from which of the following places: (a) Wheeler Island (b) Sriharikota (c) Bikaner (d) None of these
Ans : a
59. Who of the following is the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
(a) Lokeshwar Singh Parata (b) Anil Pandey
(c) K Vijay Kumar (d) None of these
60. Which Indian Company is slated to buy the English football club
(a) U B groups (b) RPG
(c) Videocon (d) Vicky
Answer : d
61. Who is the Union Minister of Corporate Affairs?
(a) Murali Deora (b) Jaipal Reddy
(c) C P Joshi (d) M S Gill
62. Who is the new President Elect of BCCI?
(a) Chirayu Amin (b) Jyotiraditya Schindia
(c) Shashank manohar (d) Jagmohan Dalmia
63. Karrar is the unmaned bomber aircraft of which country?
Iran (b) Syria
Israel (d) None of these
64. Who is the CMD of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited?
(a) S K Jain (b) Harsh Marital
(c) Oskar Singh (d) None of these
65. Who is the Director of Intelligence Bureau?
(a) Rajeev Mathur (b) Nehchal Sandhu (c) Saikat Dutta (d) None of these Answer: b
66. Ramagundanar thermal power project is in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Kerala (d) Karnataka
67. Project Big Green has been initiated by which company?
(a) Microsoft (b) Apple
(c) Infosys (d) IBM
dispute is between which states? Vansadhara River
(a) Orissa and Andhra Pradesh (b) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
(c) Kerala and Tamil Nadu (d) None of these
69. Who is the Chairperson of National Housing Board?
(a) B N Kapoor (b) Mata Prasad
(c) R B Verma (d) None of these
70. Who is
’s permanent representative to United Nations? Ans; a India
(a) Hardeep Singh Puri (b) M.K. Agnihotri
(c) Vijay Pasricha (d) None of these
71. Who is the principal scientific advisor to Government of
(a) R. Chidambaram (b) V.K. Saraswat
(c) T.K. Thomas (d) None of these
Ans - a
72. Who is the Chairman of Central Water Commission?
(a) Balraj Madhok (b) A.K. Bajaj
(c) Shivran Puri (d) None of these
Ans - b
73. Who is the Deputy National Security Advisor?
(a) Shiv Shankar Menon (b) M.K. Narayanan
(c) Shekhar Dutt (d) None of these
is going to set its new campus at: Aligarh Muslim University
Saharanpur (b) Meerut
(c) Murshidabad (d) Azamgarh
75. Who is the new Chairperson of National Commission for Backward classes?
(a) M.N. Rao (b) T.K. Maken
(c) Ram Singh Senbar (d) None of these
76. Who is the Chairperson of 19th Law Commission?
(a) P.V. Reddy (b) A.K. Lakshmanan
(c) K.R. Kurup (d) None of these
77. Who is the Chairman of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights?
(a) Buta Singh (b) M.K. Kurup
(c) Shanta Sinha (d) Dheeraj Rohatgi
78. Mini Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas in October 2010 was held at:
Cape Town (b) Durban
Johannesburg (d) None of these
79. G-8 summit in June 2010 was held at:
Ontario (b) Vancouver (c) Huntsville (d) Quebec
80. Who is the CEO of Twitter?
(a) Dick Costello (b) Jorma Olila (c) Allan Bolt (d) None of these
81. Which country topped the Global Peace Index Report in 2010? Ans : a
New Zealand (b) Iceland (c) Denmark (d) Sweden
82. Who of the following is the recipient of Turner Prize 2010?
(a) Alex Rodriques (b) Sergie Bryan
(c) Susan Philipsz (d) None of these
83. Who is the Chairperson of Railway Board?
(a) Vivek Sahay (b) J P Batra
(c) D P Aggarwal (d) None of these
84. Who of the following is the recipient of Cervantes Prize 2010?
(a) John Stocker (b) Ana Maria
(c) C Andrew Stephen (d) None of these
85. Who founded the Telangana Praja Front in October 2010?
(a) G V Rao (b) K Chandrashekhar Rao
(c) N Srinivas (d) None of these
86. M. B. Shah Commission is related to:
(a) Illegal mining (b) Agricultural Statistics
(c) Microfinance Institutions (d) None of these
87. Who is the secretary General of Rajya Sabha?
(a) T.K. Vishwanathan (b) Vivek Agnihotri (c) V.K. Gupta (d) None of these Ans-b
( Prepared & Published by AB Kantharaja, Mobile 08969822340, http://abkantharaja.blogspot.in)
Published by : http://sapost.blogspot.in/