1) Delhi was declared as the Capital of India in the year __ ?
2) India’s first General Election was in the year __ ?
(A)1948 – 49
(B)1949 – 50
(C)1950 – 51
(D)1951 – 52
Ans. (D)1951 - 52
3) The Indigo Revolt taken place in __ ?
Ans. (A)Bengal (1859)
4) The main metal used by the Indus Valley people was
5) Gandhiji published ‘Hindi Swaraj’ in the year __ ?
6) Which place in India was Gandhi’s first Satyagraha held at
Ans. (A)Champaran (1917)
7) Indian National Congress divided for the first time in __?
(B)1907 (Surat Session)
(D)1929 (Lahore session)
Ans. (B)1907 (Surat Session)
8) Which one of the following territories was not affected by the revolt of 1857 ?
9) The capital of the Maurya Dynasty was __ ?
10) The first acting Prime Minister of India was __ ?
Ans. (C)Gulsarilal Nanda
11) The official language of the Satavahana dynasty was
12) Who was the Chinese pilgrim who visited India during Harsha Vardhana’s period?
Ans. (C)Hiuen Tsang
13) The Second Session of the Indian National Congress (IN(C)was at
14) Young India is a journal published by
(A)Subash Chandra Bose
(C)Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
15) Who started the ‘Home Rule’ Movement?
(B)Mohammad Mi Jinnah
Ans. . (C)Anne Besant