GDS to MTS Competitive Exam notification issued for recruitment to the cadre of MTS from eligible GDS for the vacancy years 2018 in TN Circle.
Department of Posts
Office of the Chief Postmaster General,
TN Circle, Chennai 600 002
1. The Regional Postmasters General (CCR/CR/SR/WR), Tamil Nadu Circle
2. The General Manager (Postal Accounts & Finance), Tamil Nadu Circle, Chennai 600 008
3. The Director, Foreign Post, Chennai 600001
4. The SSRM, Airmail Sorting Dn, Chennai 600 027
5. The SRM,Chennai Sorting Dn, Chennai 600 008
6. The SRM, RMS ‘M’ Dn, Chennai 600 008
7. The Assistant Postmaster General (Mails), Circle Office (RLO), Chennai 600 002
8. The Manager, MMS, Chennai 600 006
9. The Assistant Director (Admin, SR &Wlf), Circle Office, Chennai — 600 002
10. The Officer-In-Charge, P & T Admn Cell, APS Kamptee, C/0/56 APO, PIN-900746
REP/83–1/GDS/2020/1 dated at Chennai — 600 002 the 22/6/2020
Sub: Issue of notification in c/w Competitive Examination for recruitment to the cadre of MTS from eligible GDS for the vacancy years 2018 (01.04.2018 to 31.12.18), 2019 (01.01.2019 to 31.12.19) & 2020 (01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020) to be held on 02/08/2020 (Sunday)-Reg
In accordance to Directorate’s letter no. A-34012/03/2020-DE dated 18/06/2020 , it is to inform that the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the cadre of MTS from eligible GDS for the vacancy years 2018 (01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018), 2019 (01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019) & 2020 (01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020) is scheduled to be held on 02/08/2020 (Sunday).
1. Eligibility Criteria:
As per the Department of Posts’ MTS (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2018 notified in GSR 781 (E) dated 16.08.2018 (Annexure-l), the following category of GDSs are eligible to appear in the examination:-
1. Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs) who have worked regularly for three years in that capacity as on 01.04.2018 for the vacancy year 2018, 01.01.2019 for the vacancy year 2019 & 01.01.2020 for the vacancy year 2020.
2. Educational Qualification: No educational qualification is prescribed for Gramin Dak Sewak.
3. Age limit: There shall be no upper age limit for Gramin Dak Sewak .
2. Vacancies for holding the examination:
The Examination for filling up the posts of MTS will be conducted for the vacancy years 2018 (01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018), 2019 (01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019) & 2020 (01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020). The details of vacancies will be notified later.
3. Pattern & Syllabus for the examination:
The examination will be conducted as per the revised pattern and syllabus circulated by Directorate vide letter No. 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 10.05.2019 under Annexure —’A’ read with letter No,17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 26.06.2019 & 23.07.2019. Details of Pattern and Syllabus are furnished in Annexure-II.
4. Venue of Examination:
The examination will be conducted in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Tiruchirappalli centers. APS candidates have to appear for the examination from the regional centre, to which they belong.
5. Application format & statement of recommendations:
1. The specimen form of application with order of preference is enclosed in Annexure -III. The application should be submitted along with order of preference.
2. The last date for submission of duly filled applications by the eligible candidates to the Divisions /Units is 10.07.2020. Applications received after the last date will summarily be rejected. The applicants should enclose two (2) passport size photos with their applications. While forwarding the applications by Divisional office to Regional Office, one copy of the photo should be affixed in the application, duly attested and other one retained at Divisions/Units.
3. Application should be date stamped by the offices concerned on receipt. The eligibility of the applicants may be scrutinized and checked with reference to proper records. It should be ensured that the communities are verified with reference to entries in the relevant records.
4. The forwarding authorities should. carefully check the application of each candidates with reference to Name, Date of engagement, Date of Birth, category, eligibility criteria, etc with the relevant Recruitment Rules and proper records concerned and forward the applications to the Regional PMGs (to C.O in respect of C.O. Units), with due recommendations or otherwise within the stipulated date. The Divisional heads will forward the Proforma — I (recommended cases), Proforma— II (not recommended cases) to their Regional office only in the given format on or before 15.07.2020. The Regional Office will finalise the permitting of the candidates to the above examination. The Regional office will intimate the details of permitted candidates (division wise) in Proforma-I and not permitted. candidates in Proforma — II (Annexure —IV in excel format only) on or before 20.07.2020 to Circle office.
5. The Army Postal Service authorities may kindly forward the applications received by them from the GDS serving in APS to the Civil Units concerned in time with statement of recommendations to the Divisions concerned.
6. The Divisional Office/ Head of Units will cause to issue the Hall permits to the permitted candidates on or before 24.07.2020.The format for Roll number will be intimated separately.
6. Schedule For the Examination:
The following is the time schedule for the above examination
Schedule of activity
Date of issue of Notification
Last date for receipt of applications at Divisional Office from candidates.
Last date for receipt of applications at Regional Office by Divisional Office.
Last date for sending copy of final permitted list of candidates to Circle Office by Regional Office
Issue of Admit cards to permitted candidates by DO/Head of Units to eligible candidates
Date of Examination(date & time)
Paper-I 1000 hrs to 1100 hrs
Paper-II 1110 hrs to 1210 hrs
* Exam will commence at 10:00 AM sharp and both the Paper-I & II will be conducted in continuity in one sitting from 1000hrs to 1210 hrs. There will be 10 minute’s break in between Paper-I and Paper-II, but candidates cannot be allowed to leave his/her desk.
7. If no application received, a NIL report should be sent to the Circle office on due date specified.
8. This may be brought to the notice of all concerned officials including those on deputation training leave etc without any Omission.
9. The receipt of this communication may kindly be acknowledged.
1. Annexure-I Department of Posts’ MTS (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2018
2. Annexure-II Syllabus and Pattern of Examination
3. Annexure-III Specimen Application form with order of preference
4. Annexure-IV Proforma I & II
Assistant erector (Vig & Inv),
L/O to Assistant Director (Recruitment)
O/o Chief Postmaster General
Chennal — 600002
1. The Director, Postal Training Centre, Madurai — 625 022.
2. All recognized Service Unions/Associations for information