F. No. 09-03/2019-PD
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts (Parcel Directorate)
Sub: Regarding 100% scanning of all type of parcels while booking transmission & delivery.
It is to bring to your kind notice that most of the parcels are not presently being scanned at the time of delivery & transmission that has lead to increase of public complaints and will result in decrease in the reliability of parcel services among the public & government institutions as the customers are unable to track the same on India Post website.
2. The guidelines have recently been issued by the Ministry of Home affairs for "Unlock 2" and almost all the activities have been permitted outside the Containment Zone. It is a tough time for managing operations with limited postal / RMS staff, but non availability of tracking information especially of essential parcels will dent our credibility in the long run. Customers are content with delay in delivery norms but get agitated with inability to track the articles.
3. In view of the above necessary instructions to the offices may be issued namely all booking post offices /RMS offices to ensure 100% scanning of all type of parcels while booking, transmission and at the time of delivery of parcels.
4. It is also pertain to mention here that Pendency of parcels may be cleared in parcel hubs on priority basis. Staff of RMS Division office / HRO/SRO may be utilized for expeditious clearance of pending parcels in the Hubs. Delivery status of parcels should be updated in DPMS module as well as Postman mobile application at the time of delivery of the same at Delivery post offices / Nodal Delivery centers.
5. Circles are requested to make necessary arrangements to ensure scan of parcels at each office from booking to delivery so that if any complaint regarding delay in delivery of parcels arises the same may be assuaged in the tracking process for the complainant.
(Amrit Raj) General Manager
01. PPS to Member (Operations) for kind information.02. DDG Mail Operations, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi -110001 for kind information.